India martyrs one more youth in IOK

Thursday – April 30, 2020
SRINAGAR (India): In Indian occupied Kashmir (IOK), Indian troops in their fresh act of State terrorism martyred one more Kashmiri youth in Shopian district, Wednesday, taking the toll to three in the past 24 hours.

According to Kashmir Media Service (KMS), the body of the martyred youth was recovered from the debris of a house destroyed by the troops during the ongoing cordon and search operation (CASO) at Melhora in Zainapora area of the district.

Two youth were martyred by the Indian troops during the operation, Tuesday, evening in the same area.

An Indian police official told media that the three youth had been killed in a clash with the Indian troops at Melhoora in Zainapora area of Shopian.

He said an army officer and a soldier were injured during the encounter.

The killing of the youth triggered massive anti-India protests in the area.

Indian troops and police fired bullets, pellets and teargas shells on the protesters, triggering clashes between the protesters and the forces’ personnel.

Several people suffered pellet injuries and were shifted to different hospitals for treatment.

The Indian troops continuing their State terrorism fired bullets, pellets and teargas shells on protesters in Shopian district, Wednesday, causing injuries to over a dozen people including a woman.

The troops continued a CASO for the second consecutive day, Wednesday, and blasted a residential house in Melhoora area of the district.

Several youth including a woman were critically injured after the troops fired bullets, pellets and teargas shells on pro-freedom protesters in the area.

Several people including a woman sustained injuries in the actions of the forces’ personnel.

Earlier, Indian police claimed that two youth were killed during the operation.

An Indian army major was critically injured in an attack in the same area.

Official sources said that when the troops were searching for the third body in the destroyed house, the youth hiding under debris opened fire on them causing injuries to an army officer identified as major Capray.

He was immediately shifted to an army hospital. The operation continued till last reports came in.