IOK observes territory-wide ‘anti-India’ protests

Saturday – April 28, 2018
SRINAGAR (India): In Indian occupied Kashmir (IOK), forceful demonstrations were held in Srinagar, Tral, Pahelgam and other areas, on Friday, against the continued detention of resistance leaders, surge in the killing of youth and other atrocities by the Indian troops in the occupied territory.

According to Kashmir media service (KMS), a large number of people led by the all parties hurriyat conference (APHC) leaders including Umar Aadil Dar and Syed Imtiaz Haider participated in a big demonstration in Hyderpora area of Srinagar.

The protesters raising high-pitched ‘pro-freedom’ and ‘anti-India’ slogans condemned the continued house arrest of the APHC chairman Syed Ali Gilani.

Hurriyat leaders, Shabbir Ahmed Dar, Imtiaz Ahmed Reshi, Bilal Siddiqui and Mukhtar Ahmed Waza led protests in Srinagar, Tral and Pahelgam areas.

Addressing the protesters, the leaders said that India has unleashed the worst form of state terrorism to suppress the Kashmiris’ struggle for securing their right to self-determination but will never succeed in its nefarious designs.

They said that the sacrifices of Kashmiri martyrs will not be allowed to go waste and their mission will be accomplished at all costs.

Gilani, in a statement in Srinagar, hailed the recent assertion of Pakistani president Mamnoon Hussain, wherein he sought the implementation of the United Nations (UN) resolutions to settle the Kashmir dispute.

The octogenarian leader said that Pakistan always stood like a rock guarding the Kashmiris’ just cause.

The chairman of hurriyat forum, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, addressing a gathering at Jamia Masjid in Srinagar strongly denounced the use of brute force on protesters particularly students by the Indian troops and police personnel.

He said that the students were forced to take to the streets due to denial of space where they could express their opinion freely.

Meanwhile, complete shutdown was observed in Tral and Shopian against the recent killing of youth by the Indian troops on Friday. All shops and other commercial establishments in these areas remained closed while transport was off the road.

Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred three more Kashmiri youth during a cordon and search operation at Kanthwali Jammugund in Keran area of Kupwara district on Friday.

On the other hand, the Indian supreme court (SC), on Friday, stayed the trial in the rape and murder of the minor girl in Kathua area of occupied Kashmir and asked the accused to respond to the plea for the transfer of trial to Chandigarh.

A bench comprising chief justice, Dipak Misra, justice D.Y Chandrachud and justice Indu Malhotra stayed the trial which was listed for Saturday in Kathua, saying that it will hold a hearing on the plea for transfer of trial on May 7th.